Another quick and easy party decoration which doesn’t cost the earth.
- Find yourself some beautiful paper – this could vary from scrap coloured sheets of A4 through to old newspapers, or in this case old music sheets I picked up for 50p at charity shop
- Fold the sheets in a concertina
- Then fold the wad in half, gluing the two ends together…this creates a fan
- Glue the two fans together along each bottom edge
- Wind a piece of fishing wire or twine through the two holes which natually form at the bottom of each fan. Tie up tightly, pulling together the centre.
- Attach your favourite ribbon or piece of string for hanging
If you make lots of these, in different sizes, it can make a good impact. They also look great if you mix it up with bright white paper pompoms for weddings or coloured ribbons for parties.
P.S. I like the look of the aged sellotape marks but if you dont just cut them off.
Image: Sarah Bentley Photography