Christmas is days away and we are home in Cornwall. We’ve spent much of the year strolling along the beach and I wanted to pull together a very special gift for my family to remind them of breezy winter walks together. This easy, DIY driftwood christmas tree is perfect.
All you need:
- A straight piece of dowel – I used a paint brush and took off the brush
- Driftwood in various sizes
- Drill and a drill bit the same size as the stick or slightly larger
- Clamp (or hold over a work surface if you don’t have one but take care!)
- Find a base and drill a hole in the middle of it part way through. You can be creative with the base – we used a piece of flat driftwood, you could also use a block of newer polished wood, a cork, a smooth pebble or anything you could drill into…
- Stick your stick in the hole – this should fit tightly without the use of glue if you’ve used the right drill bit. If not, just glue it in place and let it dry
- Ensure your driftwood is dry and then lie them down in order of size…
- Get the drill and drill a hole through the centre of each
- Push each bit onto your stick starting with the longest first
- Add them in a star fashion with each stick going in a different direction
- Finish with a small piece of driftwood, a handmade star or in this case a small limpet
A beautiful way to bring the outside in this christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone! xxxxx