We’ve been continuing our village hall wedding crafting in preparation for May. The latest instalment is this cheerful card holder which will sit on top of the vintage piano that they have at the hall.
Easy to do and you can often use something you may already have (in this case a picnic basket) or you can pick up a small suitcase or wire basket from a charity shop.
You will need:
- Picnic Basket, suitcase or similar
- PVA glue
- Letters from a craft shop or card
- Paint, paper, tissue paper or material to match your colour scheme
- Ribbon or string
- Material for lining (may not be required)
1. Have fun painting any pre-bought letters or cut out letters from strong card. You can use PVA to paint on the letters or material which also acts as a sort of varnish. (Remind anyone of primary school!)
2. If your charity shop find needs it, line inside. You can get some vintage suitcases with lovely material inside so maybe save yourself a job and spend a little more on that.
3. Wait patiently while it all dries and dig out a ribbon or string to hang them all on. Or you can simple stand them inside (see example below).
We love the finished product and it will look fantastic in situ, alongside the patchwork runners and piano.
Another simple idea that we love….
Plenty more inspiration where that came from.
And if you don’t have the time… you can by these from SgtPeppersHeartsClub via Etsy