The spring wedding commissions continue & excitement builds as we get closer and the sun starts to shine! We absolutely love making beautiful things for our clients and helping them get excited as we show them the work as it builds.
This week, it’s table name flags. This particular wedding is for a creative couple & the bride loves to craft. We have a rough theme running through the day based on craft but the couple don’t want a theme as such. We found these stunning wooden knitting needles at the Shepton Mallet flea market. At 50p for a pair these table flags have cost us around £7. Have a go and use any paper of pattern you wish to make it work for you.
You will need:
- Some wooden or plastic knitting needles
- Some firm card that you can still wrap around the needles
- Some glue
- A photocopier and some spare material that you may have lying around OR just pick card with a pattern
- Some stamps or a pen
1. We wanted to tie in the material we are using for the runners into the table name flags so we took a scap of material and put it into the photocopier and copied onto 6 sheets of A4 card
2. Once you’ve done that cut each A4 sheet in half (lengthways) and print the name onto it – we used rubber stamps and you can write the name if you prefer.
3. Then take your needle and glue and glue the card around the needle, making sure the card sticks to the needle so it doesn’t slip down.
4. Once dry you have a simple flag to put in a beautiful jar of wild flowers this Spring (rather than a flowerpot as we have done for now! (In-situ wedding shot to come). We have been longing for those beautiful flowers to grow! Come on spring!
Contact us if you’d like us to help you with your planning.
Have fun xx